JOB CLOSED UX Design Manager - North Sydney
Reporting into the General Manager, Digital Publishing this newly created position will be responsible for directing a team of useability and design specialists to formulate the navigation, functionality and interaction design of the client’s current product suite and future releases. You will also advocate the vision for UX design across all products providing design leadership, mentoring and guidelines on user-centered and interface design.
As the UX Design Manager, your primary responsibilities include:
- Developing strong partnerships with key platform owners and stakeholders
- Developing key strategies for end to end customer experience across all products
- Guiding the evolution of product road maps
- Leveraging industry knowledge and experience to assist in strategic product designs
- Ensuring quality control and standards for platform usability designs
- Working with relevant resources to drive innovation
- Developing key relationships with market leading companies
- Coordination, planning and resource management of team resources to ensure delivery to budget and timelines
- Continuous improvements of platform design and team delivery activities
- create wireframes;
- information architecture;
- nomenclature and site maps;
- prototype development;
- participate in research efforts to create and conduct usability tests and heuristic evaluations.
- A seasoned UX practitioner with experience working on complex digital products
- Deep understanding of the digital media industry and associated technologies
- Exceptional understanding/knowledge of UX and Visual design principles.
- Extensive knowledge of human/computer interaction and usability.
- A proactive individual with strong oral and written communication skills including documentation, presentation and collaboration abilities
- Strong stakeholder management skills involving extensive contact with diverse groups including IT, Digital Marketing, Business representatives, Legal & Compliance.
- Degree in human/computer interaction, library/information science, information and visual design and/or technical communications preferred but not essential.
- Experience conducting and facilitating formal & informal usability reviews and usability testing workshops
- Experience managing a team
There couldn’t be a better time to join this market leader, sky’s the limit! Please send your CV and cover letter addressing the above search criteria to Steve Granger - email@example.com